Rotary U40 Leadership Program:
Developing Future Leaders to Make a Lasting Impact
Click above for an introduction to U40 video!
Business-minded and service-hearted young professionals come together in this U40 (Under 40) Program created by the Rotary Club of Portland for the next generation of professionals to develop the skill and connections needed to become business and philanthropy leaders in Portland. U40 participants connect with other young professionals through service projects, social engagements, and learning from thought leaders in Portland, as well as networking with some of Portland’s top business and community leaders. This 12-month program includes six community service opportunities, weekly Rotary lunches with speakers, four social activities, and six-speaker engagements with community business, social, and political leaders. In addition to the U40 Program, there are additional Rotary Club activities and engagements that U40 participants can enjoy and participate in.
U40 participants will:
- Make contacts and network with peers who are emerging leaders while giving back through service to build lasting, long-term relationships.
- Get real-time leadership application and hands-on involvement on a committee through a variety of community service opportunities.
- Enjoy the benefit of a personal mentor, a Rotary Club member, throughout the program to support your leadership, help you build your network, and introduce you to what it means to be a Rotarian.
- Engage with key community stakeholders and business leaders.
- Design and implement a meaningful service project with your fellow U40 members.
Join us for the 2023-2024 program:
The 2023/2024 U40 Leadership Program will begin on July 29, 2023, and will end on June 30, 2024.
The cost of the U40 Leadership Program is $300 and covers the cost of food and beverage at the speaker events and service projects; your first drink at happy hour and social events; a Portland Rotary t-shirt, and other costs the program incurs.*
If you are not a Rotarian, there is an additional $400 annual membership fee, as well as a first time $150 registration fee. Total investment for someone joining the Rotary Club of Portland and the U40 Leadership Program is $850. Each year after members can choose to pay $400 to be a Rotarian, or $700 to be in U40.*
Speaker events are generally on the second Wednesday of every other month starting in August. Service projects are on the second Wednesday or Saturday of every other month starting in August.
Weekly Rotary Club Tuesday Lunches with speakers from the community.
Monthly meetings with your personal mentor.
Full syllabus and program calendar for 2023/2024 coming soon.
*Note: If cost is a barrier, accommodations can be discussed. Please reach out to Rotarian and U40 Lead Phil Evans at Phil@TimberandRose.com or (971)221-3821.*
Past Speakers Include:
- Korede Alabi, CFO, General Sheet Metal
- Ryan McMackin, Executive Vice-President of Human Resources and Administration for Groundworks Industries
- Zach Collins, Portland Trail Blazers
- Judge Steffan Alexander, Multnomah County Circuit Court
- Randall Wyatt, Founder of Taking Ownership PDX
- Ted Wheeler, Mayor of Portland
- Wim Wiewel, former president of Portland State University
- Mark Goodman, Co-President of Downtown Development Group
- Katie Poppe, Co-Founder, CEO and Owner of Blue Star Donuts
- Patrick Galvin, Chief Galvanizer, The Galvanizing Group
- Ashley Henry, former Executive Director of Business for a Better Portland
- Dewayne Hankins, President of Business Operations of Portland Trail Blazers
- Dan Ryan, Portland City Commissioner
- Priscilla Fuentes, CEO of American Red Cross Cascades Region
- Kristin Leonard, former Chief Public Affairs Officer for Port of Portland
- Augusto Carneiro, Founder and Owner of Nossa Familia Coffee
- David Rae, Co-Founder and Chief Curator for TEDx Portland
- Rene Gonzalez, Portland City Commissioner